The reader's list is a community designed to find and collect the best livejournal entries in one place. It will begin as a invitation only community.
I, alchemi, the founder of the forum, initially set this community membership policy as one of slow and calculated growth. Requesting membership will result in future consideration, but not current membership. This membership policy is based on the theory that the most essential value of this journal is discernment - the ability of the membership to make value judgements about what is 'good' writing. For that reason, care in selecting members is essential for the community to be at all valuable.
This position is controvertial, but I believe, necessary. Charges of elitism I tend to meet with derision. Charges of overbroad exclusivity will be honestly considered.
The following rules will apply to members:
1. Entries will be reposted in their entirety including use of the same font, punctuation and with no corrects for grammar or spelling. Contributors MAY NOT simply link to an entry.
2. The title of the original and the date it was originally posted must be included. Where appropriate, the mood and music information must also be reproduced.
3. All entries must be linked both to the author and the original entry.
4. In order to repost an entry, the member must obtain specific permission of the author for ALL posts (exceptions may be made, on a case-by-case basis, where the original author is deceased).
5. No livejournal cuts may be used, but where a cut was originally used, the text used for the cut must be included.
6. The comment feature must be turned off for every entry - all comments may only be made in reply to the original post (except at the request of the author where the original entry is friends only).
7. All posts to this community reposting someone else's work MUST be made public and if the author objects, must be taken down as soon as possible.
Some changes have been made to LiveJournal, and we hope you enjoy them! As we continue to improve the site on a daily basis to make your experience here better and faster, we would greatly appreciate your feedback about these changes. Please let us know what we can do for you!